2010 Collector’s Issue, Produced by the Editors of TV Guide Magazine in Association with NASCAR, Hits Newsstands Today
88 Pages of Expert Insight, a Must-Have Guide for Every NASCAR Fan
Part of TV Guide Magazine’s Series of Special Interest Publications
(NEW YORK, NY) March 30, 2010 – TV Guide Magazine has partnered with NASCAR to create the TV Guide Magazine: NASCAR Special Collector’s Issue, the ultimate must-have collector’s guide for every NASCAR fan. The 88-page, special interest publication will be sold online and on newsstands for two months beginning today, March 30.
Capitalizing on the magazine’s unrivaled 50-plus years of television content, the TV Guide Magazine: NASCAR Special Collector’s Issue will feature unique content from NASCAR journalists, insider access, unparalleled insight, and the latest up-to-the-minute information and news features on NASCAR.
Fans can purchase the issue at stores nationwide for $6.99. The guide is also available now on NASCAR.com’s Superstore for $7.99 or free with a $50.00 purchase.
“We are pleased to produce this special issue in association with NASCAR,” said David J. Fishman, TV Guide Magazine. “NASCAR is a strong brand with a loyal and vast community of fans that make the sport the second highest rated regular-season sport on television. TV Guide Magazine’s latest special interest publication ensures that all NASCAR enthusiasts are tuned in to the most up-to-date and insider news available.”
“Our sport works hard to deliver the very best television programming, production, world-class broadcast partners and resources to best serve our fans, sponsors and continued growth,” said Paul Brooks, NASCAR senior vice president and president of NASCAR Media Group. “As fans ourselves, we know this is all about capturing the amazing racing that NASCAR drivers deliver every week for our fans. This TV Guide Magazine NASCAR issue is a terrific resource for our fans to further enjoy great racing every week, as well as unprecedented hours of programming now available every day of the year. We are proud of our partnership with TV Guide Magazine who remains a welcome friend and American institution.”
TV Guide Magazine: NASCAR Special Collector’s Issue offers fans the latest on the 62nd season, including:
- It’s Showtime! – The first behind-the-scenes look at Showtime’s eye-opening new series, Inside NASCAR.The new weekly series delivers fast-paced, inside-the-cockpit commentary from the sleekest set yet. Take a look at what’s in store and meet the all-star talent set for center stage.
- Get With the Program – Season predictions from FOX, ESPN, TNT, SPEED, and BET’s on-air experts.
- Catching Up With the Past – The NASCAR Hall of Fame salutes 60 years of legends, history and spectacular success on a road well-traveled. Get the first detailed look at the soon-to-open NASCAR Hall of Fame.
- Leaders of the Track – Who are the top 25 best NASCAR Spring Cup Series racers?
- Rush to Judgment – Get the latest road map to success in the 2010 chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. A graphic and statistical overview of each of the top 25 drivers in the Sprint Cup Series.
- On Tracks – Take a look at the venues that power the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. An overview of each of the NASCAR track venues, with insider map information.
- Jr.’s Season on the Brink – Dale Earnhardt Jr. is driving to win again, and putting last year’s struggles in the rearview mirror. An in-depth look at what Dale Jr. and his fans expect this season.
- Switching Gears – A special look at the debut of Danica Patrick on the stock car scene. Can the Indy sensation generate the same heat in NASCAR?
- Complete Racing Schedules – Details on all NASCAR television coverage.
- And much, much more!
About TV Guide Magazine
TV Guide Magazine is one of the most popular weekly magazines in the country with more than 20 million weekly readers. From behind-the-scenes looks at broadcast, cable, and syndicated shows and their stars and characters, to sneak peeks at television’s most intriguing plotlines, TV Guide Magazine has every corner of the television medium covered. TV Guide Magazine is the premier source for entertainment news, guidance, and information about America’s most popular leisure time activity. Its website, tvguidemagazine.com, ignites conversation and builds community around America's #1 leisure activity with our exclusive behind-the-scenes access, authoritative insight, breaking news and reviews. tvguidemagazine.com guides viewers to the best of television, covering the shows and the moments everyone will be talking about, and empowers readers to make informed decisions, maximizing their viewing experience. For more information, please visit www.tvguidemagazine.com.
About TV Guide Magazine Special Interest Publications
TV Guide Magazinehas leveraged a combination of its team of respected television experts, vast connections in the industry and unparalleled access to launch a series of comprehensive and definitive single-topic, special interest publications for 2009 and beyond. The winners will be fans of era-defining shows and events, high-profile actors and actresses, and pop culture icons. Capitalizing on the magazine’s unrivaled 50-plus year archive of entertainment content and coverage of current TV, each listings-free special issue is devoted entirely to up-to-the-minute information, unique insights, and an authoritative voice and perspective on television that only TV Guide Magazine can provide.
The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for one of North America's premier sports. NASCAR is the No. 1 spectator sport – with more of the top 20 highest attended sporting events in the U.S. than any other sport, and is the No. 2 rated regular-season sport on television. NASCAR races are broadcast in more than 150 countries and in 20 languages. NASCAR fans are the most brand loyal in all of sports, and as a result more Fortune 500 companies participate in NASCAR than any other sport.
NASCAR consists of three national series (the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series, and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series), four regional series, and one local grassroots series, as well as two international series. Also part of NASCAR is Grand-Am Road Racing, known for its competition on road courses with multiple classes of cars. NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races at 100 tracks in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada and Mexico. Based in Daytona Beach (Fla.), NASCAR has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Charlotte (N.C.), Concord (N.C.), Conover (N.C.), Bentonville (Ark.), Mexico City, and Toronto.