|2011 Sprint Cup Series Champion Tony Stewart poses with his trophy |
in front of MGM in Las Vegas. Credit: Chris Graythen/Getty Images for NASCAR
Fans can participate in many of the events, and for those who can't make it in person, links are provided so fans can watch the events streamed live online.
Wednesday, Nov. 30
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway’s Champion’s Week Kickoff Event: Held on Fremont Street, this free event starts at 2:15 p.m. (5:15 p.m. ET) and will feature a Newlywed Game-type competition among the top-12 drivers. Drivers will be paired in groups of two, and will answer questions about each other mirroring the famous Newlywed Game style. Fans can watch the event on NASCAR.COM via this link: http://www.nascar.com/champions_week_kick_off. (Note: NASCAR's offical Twitter account says to tune in at 4:30 p.m. ET).
- NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon: Beginning at 11 a.m. (2 p.m. ET) in the Bellagio Ballroom at the Bellagio, this annual industry/media gathering includes the presentation of awards to the Champion Crew Chief (Darian Grubb), Champion Sponsor (Office Depot and Mobil 1), Sunoco Rookie of the Year (Andy Lally) and Most Popular Driver (to be announced). Co-hosted by NASCAR and the National Motor Sports Press Association, fans can attend this exclusive event for the second-consecutive year. Fans can watch the event on NASCAR.COM via this link: http://www.nascar.com/Myers_Brothers_Luncheon.
- NASCAR Victory Lap: Set for 3 p.m. (6 p.m. ET), the fan-favorite NASCAR Victory Lap will feature the top 12 drivers parading – with engines growling – down the famed Las Vegas strip in their teams’ respective race cars. NASCAR Victory Lap will feature an authentic pit stop along the route and two burn-out sections for drivers. NASCAR Victory Lap will start in front of Planet Hollywood Hotel & Casino on Las Vegas Boulevard and end at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. Fans can watch the event on NASCAR.COM via this link: http://www.nascar.com/Victory_Lap.
- Coca-Cola Fan Zone: Fans can get a front-row seat for the conclusion of NASCAR Victory Lap at the Coca-Cola Fan Zone, a free event located at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Beginning at noon, the Coca-Cola Fan Zone offers interactive displays from The Sprint Experience, Game Show Network, Ford, Coca-Cola, and is a prelude to NASCAR After the Lap.
- NASCAR After the Lap: Starting at 4:30 p.m. (7:30 p.m. ET), NASCAR After The Lap is one of the highlights of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week. Tickets for the third-annual event will be available for purchase at www.NASCARAfterTheLap.com for $20 each, with proceeds benefitting The NASCAR Foundation, a non-profit organization which raises funds that support children’s charities and important causes throughout the nation. Sponsored by Ford Motor Company and Coca-Cola, the event is renowned for its unfiltered, "tell-all" format featuring the 2011 top-12 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers. Fans can watch the event on NASCAR.COM via this link: http://www.nascar.com/After_The_Lap
- 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony: The big show starts at 6 p.m. (9 p.m. ET), crowning the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion driver and owner and honoring the other drivers who finished in the top 10 in the final series standings. The star-studded entertainment lineup for the ceremony includes country music icon Reba as host, a performance by Grammy-award winning rocker Kid Rock, as well as performances by two recent additions: up-and-coming country artist Ella Mae Bowen and Broadway sensation Jersey Boys. Sixteen-year-old Ella Mae Bowen is an emerging country singer-songwriter who is featured on the new "Footloose" soundtrack with her enthralling remake of "Holding Out For a Hero". "Jersey Boys" is the smash-hit musical winner of the 2006 Tony Award on Broadway and Best Musical accolades in both London and Australia. This critically-acclaimed musical tells the tale of four blue-collar boys working their way from the streets of Newark to the top of the charts taking audiences behind the music of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. Jersey Boys, voted #1 show in Las Vegas by the Las Vegas Review Journal, is currently performing at The Palazzo and is coming to Paris Las Vegas in March 2012.
SPEED, Sirius XM NASCAR Radio and MRN Radio provide same-day coverage, starting at 9 p.m. ET.
SPEED's broadcast of the Sprint Cup banquet will be preceded by the Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series combined banquet, taped last week, at 7 p.m. ET.