|Photo: Paula Thompson/Skirts & Scuffs|
- Joey Coulter was born June 8, 1990 in Miami Springs, Florida. He started racing go-karts in 1998, and in 1999 competed in two series – the World Karting Association Horstman Gold Cup national series and the Florida WKA Championship series. In two years, Coulter won more than 50 races and took two state championships.
- Coulter spent the next few years in karting before trying out the Florida FASTRUCK Series in 2005, where he earned four top five finishes in his first five starts. In 2006, he joined the FASTRUCK Pro Series and won four of the first eight races, finishing fourth in points. Coulter then moved up to stock cars in the USAR Pro Cup Series in 2007.
- In 2009, Coulter competed in the ARCA Racing Series, finishing fourth in points on the strength of 13 top 10s and two poles; he won his first ARCA race at Berlin Raceway in August 2010. In 2011, Coulter moved up to the Truck Series as part of the RCR stable; in his first season, he earned 13 top 10 finishes and finished seventh in points, winning the series’ Rookie of the Year award over Parker Kligerman and Nelson Piquet Jr.
- Coulter is currently studying Mechanical Engineering at UNC-Charlotte.
- Find out more about Coulter at his website, joeycoulter.com.