|Photo: Paula Thompson/Skirts & Scuffs|
- Ty Dillon was born February 27, 1992 in Lewisville, North Carolina. He is the grandson of Richard Childress, son of Mike Dillon (former Busch – now Nationwide – Series driver and current general manager for RCR), and brother of Nationwide Series driver Austin Dillon.
- Dillon began his racing career in Bandoleros, moving up to the K&N Pro Series East in 2009. In 2010, Dillon spent time in the K&N Pro Series East and the ARCA Racing Series, winning in the K&N Series at Gresham Motorsports Park and twice in ARCA competition, at Kansas Speedway and Rockingham Speedway.
- Dillon moved to the ARCA Racing Series full-time in 2011. He won seven times and took home the championship in the series, but lost the Rookie of the Year battle to Chris Buescher by two points.
- After making his Truck Series debut in 2011, Dillon moved to the series full-time in 2012, taking over his brother’s championship-winning ride from 2011. In addition, he is running selected Nationwide Series races; he has two top 10 finishes in two races this season – seventh at Dover International Speedway and third at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Find out more about Ty Dillon at www.tydillonracing.com.