The NASCAR Camping World Truck (Coca-Cola 250 powered by Fred’s) and Sprint Cup (Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500) Series will be heading to Talladega Superspeedway. This weekend will serve as the fourth Chase for the Sprint Cup race and is sure to provide a shakeup in the points standings courtesy of “The Big One.” Will Brad Keselowski make it back-to-back wins this weekend considering he is the current reigning winner at Talladega?
The NASCAR Nationwide Series will return to a double-header weekend of racing in Charlotte (Oct. 12, Dollar General 300) with the Cup drivers.
This week’s Travel Tips will consist of fan event information that will give you an option of things to do during the race weekend.
Talladega Superspeedway Fan Events:
Thursday, Oct. 4:
- Fan Fest and Hauler Parade – This fun-filled fan event is scheduled to take place at Bass Pro Shops in Leeds, AL (3:30-7:00 p.m.) and will include an autograph session hosted by three-time Cup champion Tony Stewart, Ty Dillon and Jamie McMurray at 6:00 p.m. There will also be a silent auction to raise money for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. For additional information, click here.
Friday, Oct. 5:
- NCWTS Autograph Session – This fan event (2:15-3:00 p.m.) will take place in the concourse area behind O.V. Hill South, Grandstand Sections D & E. Wristbands for the autograph session can be picked up from the Guest Services Office located at O.V. Hill South, Grandstand Section L.
- NCWTS Polk’s Meat Qualifying is scheduled for 4:10 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 6:
- Talladega (Texaco Walk of Fame) – NASCAR drivers Ryan “The Rocketman” Newman (active) and Alfred “Speedy” Thompson (inactive) will be enshrined into the Talladega-Texaco Walk of Fame in downtown Talladega at 7:00 p.m.
- Infield Concert – Curb Recording Artist Tim Dugger (7:00 p.m.) and Big Machine Recording Artists Florida Georgia Line (9:00 p.m.) will perform in the infield for fans. The North Tunnel, West Campground and South Tunnel trams will run until 12 a.m., depending on space availability.
Sunday, Oct. 7:
- Sprint Experience – This phenomenal fan experience will begin at 8:00 a.m. until the start of the race. It is a 14,400 square foot interactive pavilion that offers its visitors a wide variety of activities, which include free gifts, driver appearances, garage tours and live stage games and VIP experiences.
For Talladega Superspeedway fan guide, click here.
For Talladega Superspeedway frequently asked questions, click here.
For Talladega Superspeedway weekend schedule, click here.
For weather information, click here.
Race Broadcast Schedule:
Oct. 6 – NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Coca-Cola 250 powered by Fred’s
TV: SPEED, 3:30 p.m. ET / Radio: MRN, 3:45 p.m. ET
Oct. 7 – NASCAR Sprint Cup Series: Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500
TV: ESPN, 1:00 p.m. ET / Radio: MRN, 1:00 p.m. ET
Unique Hiram is an Associate Editor/Contributing Writer/Media Rep for Skirts and Scuffs. Additionally, she is also the author of "Fast Lane Poetry" which was published April 2011. Unique can be contacted via email or through Twitter.