|credit: Getty Images/Chris Graythen|
- David Ragan was born December 25, 1985 in Unadilla, Georgia. He began racing Bandolero cars in 1997 at age 12; in 1998, he won 12 races and the national championship. He backed it up with a second championship in 1999.
- After racing in the Goody’s Dash Series for Cam Strader and the Legends Pro-Division for Mark Martin, as well as in several Late Model events, Ragan entered what was then known as the “A-B-C” program – ARCA Racing Series, Busch (now Nationwide) Series, and Craftsman (now Camping World) Truck Series – at age 18. In 2005, he participated in the reality series Roush Racing: Driver X and became the co-driver of Roush’s No. 6 Ford F-150 in the Truck Series.
- Ragan made his Cup Series debut with Roush in 2006, and in 2007 he competed for Rookie of the Year in both the Cup and Busch Series; he finished second in the Cup Series contest and won the Busch Series award.
- In July 2011, Ragan won his first Cup Series race, the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway. Ragan signed with Front Row Motorsports in January 2012.
- Find out more about Ragan at his website, www.davidragan.com.