|credit: Robert Laberge/Getty Images for|
Texas Motor Speedway
- Landon Douglas Cassill was born July 7, 1989 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. He began racing ATVs at age 3, then moved into go-karts. Cassill won two Kart Series national championships and four International Karting Federation championships on both dirt and asphalt.
- After a successful karting career, Cassill moved up to the ASA Late Model Series in 2003 while still in high school, also racing Legends cars and Modifieds during his teens. He won his first ASA Late Model race in 2006 at Lake Erie Speedway in Pennsylvania.
- In December 2006, Cassill signed on as a development and test driver with Hendrick Motorsports. He made his Nationwide Series debut in July 2007, and in 2008, while driving for JR Motorsports and Phoenix Racing, earned the series’ Rookie of the Year honors. He also made his debut in the Camping World Truck Series that year.
- In 2010, Cassill competed in all three of NASCAR’s top series, making his Sprint Cup Series debut at Michigan for Phoenix Racing; he also drove for TRG Motorsports and Max Q Motorsports that season.
- In 2013, Cassill is driving the No. 33 Chevrolet for Circle Sport in the Sprint Cup Series and the No. 4 Flex Seal Chevrolet for JD Motorsports in the Nationwide Series.
- Learn more about Cassill at his website, www.landoncassill.com.