|credit: Getty Images/Chris Graythen|
- Josh Wise was born February 7, 1983 in Riverside, California. He began racing at age 7 in quarter midgets in his home state, moving up through the ranks to the United States Auto Club (USAC) open-wheel series. Wise eventually caught the eye of USAC team owner and former champ Tony Stewart, who signed him to drive for Tony Stewart Racing for three seasons. In 2005, Wise was the USAC Midget Series champion and in 2006, the USAC Sprint Car champion; he was also named Rookie of the Year in each of USAC’s premier divisions.
- In 2006, Wise ran two races in the ARCA Racing Series for Eddie Sharp Racing, earning one top 10 finish; he returned the following season, running 11 races and earning one pole and six top 10s, including three runner-up finishes.
- Also in 2007, Wise competed part-time for Darrell Waltrip Motorsports in conjunction with Michael Waltrip Racing in the Craftsman (now Camping World) Truck Series. He ran nine races and earned two top 10 finishes, including a sixth-place finish at Las Vegas. He also made his Nationwide Series debut that year at Indianapolis Raceway Park for Fitz Motorsports, finishing 17th.
- Wise continued racing in the Nationwide Series in 2008 and 2009. In 2010 and 2011, Wise split seat time with Danica Patrick in the No. 7 Chevrolet at JR Motorsports, also racing for Specialty Racing, Baker Curb Racing and Braun Racing in 2010 and Go Green Racing and Key Motorsports in 2011.
- Wise made his Sprint Cup Series debut in 2011, and in 2012 signed with Front Row Motorsports to race full-time in the series. He also races part-time for The Motorsports Group in the Nationwide Series.
- Wise and wife Ashley have two daughters, Harlow and Remy. Off the track, he enjoys another form of racing: triathlons; he competed in two in 2012.
- Learn more about Wise at his website, www.joshwiseracing.com.