|Quiroga won the pole for the July 2013|
Truck Series race at Iowa
Credit Getty Images/Geoff Burke
- German Quiroga Fossas was born May 28, 1980 in Mexico City, Mexico. He began racing in 1996 in El Reto Neon, winning his first championship in the series in 1998.
- In 2004, Quiroga raced in the NASCAR Mexico Series (now NASCAR Toyota Series), and competed in Formula Renault and the Infiniti Pro Series in 2005. He returned to NASCAR Mexico in 2006, going on to win three straight championships from 2009 to 2011; he was the first driver to win three titles in a row in the series.
- Quiroga’s first start in a top-tier NASCAR event came in 2007, when he competed in the Busch (now Nationwide) Series race at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, finishing 28th; he also competed in the K&N Pro Series East that season. In 2011 and 2012, he raced for Kyle Busch Motorsports in the Camping World Truck Series, earning a top finish of eighth (Talladega Superspeedway) in six races.
- Full-time with Red Horse Racing in 2013, Quiroga is competing for the Truck Series’ Rookie of the Year award.
- Learn more about Quiroga at his websites, www.germanquiroga.net (in English) and www.germanquiroga.com (in Spanish).