Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama hosts race No. 6 in the 2013 Chase for the Sprint Cup, the Camping World RV Sales 500, on Sunday, Oct. 20. Also on the schedule for the weekend at Talladega: the Camping World Truck Series’ Fred’s 250 Powered by Coca Cola on Saturday, Oct. 19, and practice for both series on Friday, Oct. 18.
- Visit the International Motor Sports Hall of Fame and Museum, located adjacent to the speedway. Hours for race week are Monday through Wednesday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. CT, Thursday 7 a.m.-4 p.m. CT, Friday 8 a.m.-7 p.m. CT, Saturday 7 a.m.-8 p.m. and Sunday 7 a.m.-2 p.m. CT. Track tours through the Hall of Fame are available through Wednesday, Oct. 16.
- Members of the FOX Sports 1 broadcast team will be live in the Horsepower Plaza for shows all three days. There will also be an autograph session with the personalities on Friday at 11:45 a.m. CT.
- There will be a Camping World Truck Series autograph session on Friday at 2:15 p.m. CT in the Concourse Area behind OV Hill South Grandstand Section D & E.
- On Saturday after the Truck Series race, country singer Pat Green and up-and-comer Chelsea Bain take the stage for an infield concert at approximately 7:45 p.m. CT. The concert is free to all infield guests and any fan presenting a Sunday race ticket.
Key on-track times:
Friday, Oct. 18 –
- Camping World Truck Series practice – 9:30 a.m. CT
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 1:30 and 3 p.m. CT
- Camping World Truck Series qualifying – 4:10 p.m. CT
Saturday, Oct. 19 –
- Sprint Cup Series qualifying – 11:10 a.m. CT
- Camping World Truck Series Fred’s 250 – 3 p.m. CT
Sunday, Oct. 20 –
- Sprint Cup Series Camping World RV Sales 500 – 1 p.m. CT
Download the event guide, the fan guide and the guest services guide here. This page also features traffic and parking recommendations.
Get more information and purchase tickets for this weekend’s race at http://www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/.