|Armstrong at Daytona Preseason Thunder|
credit: NASCAR via Getty Images
Dakoda Armstrong makes the move from the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series to the Nationwide Series in 2014, picking up a ride in the No. 43 WinField Ford Mustang with Richard Petty Motorsports. Learn more about another young driver to watch in this week’s Fast Facts.
- Dakoda Armstrong was born July 16, 1991 in New Castle, IN. He started racing go-karts at age 6, winning his first championship from the World Karting Association in 1998. At age 13, he became the youngest USAC National Midget Champion.
- In 2009, Armstrong signed a driver development deal with Team Penske, competing in seven races in the ARCA Racing Series as part of the deal: six for Cunningham Motorsports and one for Venturini Motorsports. He posted three top 10 finishes that year, including a best finish of third at Salem Speedway.
- In 2010, Armstrong raced full-time in the ARCA Racing Series for Cunningham Motorsports, winning at Talladega Superspeedway and Salem Speedway and finishing seventh in points. In 2011, he split time between ARCA and the Camping World Truck Series, winning the ARCA race at Winchester Speedway. He ran seven races for ThorSport Racing in the Truck Series, recording his first top 10 finish at Kentucky Speedway in October of that year.
- In 2012, Armstrong ran the first 15 Truck Series races of the season with ThorSport before he was released; he also competed in his first Nationwide Series race, finishing 25th at Homestead-Miami Speedway. He returned to the Truck Series full-time with Stacy Compton’s Turn One Racing in 2013, picking up three top 10s and finishing 12th in points. He also ran six Nationwide Series races, earning a top finish of 13th at Kentucky.
- In Indiana, Armstrong’s family is involved in farming; their corn and grain operation produces millions of gallons of ethanol fuel each year. His sponsor, WinField, offers seed and crop protection products, making the fourth-generation farmer a perfect ambassador.
- Learn more about Armstrong at his website, www.dakodaarmstrong.com.