Even though many of us are still suffering through a long, cold winter, at least it’s time to finally kick off the 2014 NASCAR season in Daytona Beach, Florida. Daytona International Speedway hosts Daytona Budweiser Speedweeks beginning Thursday, Feb. 13, culminating with the Daytona 500 on Sunday, Feb. 23. Throughout 10 days of on-track action, fans will see the season openers for NASCAR’s Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series along with the ARCA Racing Series and the Whelen Modified and Southern Modified Tours, and the K&N Pro Series East will run its second event of the new season.
Fans heading to Daytona for Speedweeks will want to check out the Sprint FANZONE for off-track activities, including garage tours, driver and team appearances, live music and the kids area. Find the schedule for Speedweeks in the Sprint FANZONE here.
Key on-track times for the first weekend of Budweiser Speedweeks:
Thursday, Feb. 13 –
- ARCA Racing Series practice – 1-5 p.m. ET
Friday, Feb. 14 –
- ARCA qualifying – 2 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series Sprint Unlimited practice – 5-5:45 p.m. and 6:30-7:30 p.m. ET
Saturday, Feb. 15 –
- ARCA Racing Series practice – 9:30-10:15 a.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:30-3:20 p.m. ET
- ARCA Racing Series Lucas Oil 200 presented by MAV TV American Real – 4:15 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series Sprint Unlimited – 8:15 p.m. ET
Sunday, Feb. 16 –
- Sprint Cup Series qualifying for the front row of the Daytona 500 and for starting positions in the Gatorade Duels – 1:05 p.m. ET
Get information about and purchase tickets for Daytona Budweiser Speedweeks, and find a complete schedule for Speedweeks, at www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com.