|credit: NASCAR Media|
Richmond International Raceway hosts NASCAR’s Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series, plus the K&N Pro Series East, this weekend, Friday and Saturday, April 25-26, for the Toyota Owners 400, the ToyotaCare 250 and the BLUE OX 100, respectively.
Denny Hamlin’s Short Track Showdown takes place this year at nearby South Boston Speedway on Thursday, April 24. The charity race features some of today’s top NASCAR drivers against some of the best Late Model drivers in the region, with proceeds benefitting the Denny Hamlin Foundation. Among the drivers scheduled to participate: Hamlin and his Joe Gibbs Racing teammates Kyle Busch and Matt Kenseth, Jeb Burton, Timothy Peters, Hermie Sadler, Ryan Preece and David Ragan. Find out more about the race here and get the schedule for the day’s events here.
New this year: the Track Takeover from 2-4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 26. All ticket holders get exclusive access to the track itself just hours before the green flag, with the opportunity to sign the start/finish line, take a lap around the track, enjoy live music and take part in NASCAR driver Q&As. Learn more about the Track Takeover here.
Key on-track times:
Friday, April 25 –
- K&N Pro Series East practice – 9 a.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET
- K&N Pro Series East qualifying – 2:05 p.m. ET
- Nationwide Series qualifying – 3:10 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series qualifying – 5:10 p.m. ET
- Nationwide Series ToyotaCare 250 – 7 p.m. ET
- K&N Pro Series BLUE OX 100 – approximately 9:40 p.m. ET (following Nationwide Series race)
Saturday, April 26 –
- Sprint Cup Series Toyota Owners 400 – 7 p.m. ET
A complete schedule of events at the track is available here, and race-day activities off the track can be found here.
Find even more information at the website’s “Fan Corner” tab.
For updated information for race weekend and to purchase tickets visit www.rir.com.