|credit: NASCAR Media|
NASCAR driver Ryan Gifford, currently racing in the K&N Pro Series East, is a member of both the NASCAR Next program and the Drive For Diversity Program. Learn more about the driver of the No. 2 UTI/NASCAR Technical Institute Toyota Camry for Rev Racing in this week’s Fast Facts.
- Ryan Gifford was born March 10, 1989 in Winchester. TN. He began racing karts at age 8 and continued to race them for seven years, winning numerous features and two World Karting Association track championships.
- In 2005, Gifford moved into dirt Late Model cars, winning three poles and earning 10 top 10 finishes that year. In 2006 and 2007, he raced in the Storm Pay Dirt Late Model National Series, picking up a win and 13 top 10 finishes over the two seasons.
- Gifford added asphalt Late Models to his repertoire in 2008, collecting three wins and 20 top 10s in 29 starts between the two surfaces. He made the move to the K&N Pro Series East in 2009, where he continues to compete today.
- In 2010, Gifford became the first African American to win a pole in the K&N Pro Series East at Martinsville Speedway while racing for Rev Racing and the Drive For Diversity Program. In addition to Rev Racing, Gifford has raced for Team Dillon Racing, where he is also employed in the shop.
- Gifford won his first race in 2013 at Richmond International Raceway.
- Gifford has also competed in two Nationwide Series races to date, picking up a top 10 finish at Iowa in a Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet.
- Learn more about Gifford in his profile on the NASCAR Hometracks website.