Track Classification: Intermediate
Las Vegas Motor Speedway • New Hampshire Motor • Texas Motor Speedway
Distance: 1.5 Miles
Kentucky is relatively new to the Sprint Cup circuit. With three races under its belt, here are the driver performances we've seen as well as comparable statistics on intermediate tracks as a whole.
Drivers with Most Top 10s:
By Race & Track
All with 3 - Matt Kenseth, Kyle Busch, Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon
All with 2 - Martin Truex Jr., Kurt Busch and Brad Keselowski
Recent Pole Winners:
2013 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
2012 Jimmie Johnson
Performance at Intermediate Tracks:
1. Matt Kenseth, 60 starts, 9 Wins, 39 Top 10s, 8.7 Avg Fin
2. Jimmie Johnson, 60 starts, 7 Wins, 42 Top 10s, 10.5 Avg Fin
3. Kevin Harvick, 60 starts, 4 Wins, 37 Top 10s, 10.5 Avg Fin
4. Carl Edwards, 60 starts, 2 Wins, 32 Top 10s, 11.4 Avg Fin
5. Tony Stewart, 53 starts, 6 Wins, 25 Top 10s, 12.3 Avg Fin
6. Denny Hamlin, 58 starts, 7 Wins, 27 Top 10s, 12.7 Avg Fin
7. Kasey Kahne, 60 starts. 2 Wins, 28 Top 10s, 13.1 Avg Fin
8. Kyle Busch, 59 starts, 3 Wins, 30 Top 10s, 13.2 Avg Fin
9. Jeff Gordon, 60 starts, 3 Wins, 33 Top 10s, 13.6 Avg Fin
10. Greg Biffle, 60 starts, 2 Wins, 25 Top 10s, 14.4 Avg Fin
The Likely Suspects: This elite group of drivers are quickly becoming favorites at Kentucky: Jimmie Johnson, Matt Kenseth, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Martin Truex Jr., Brad Keselowski and Kevin Harvick.
My 2 Cents: My no-brainer pick this week is a tie between Jimmie Johnson and Mat Kenseth. I will round out my team with Brad Keselowski, Martin Truex Jr., Denny Hamlin, Carl Edwards, Danica Patrick and Austin Dillon.