|credit: NASCAR Media|
Celebrate Labor Day weekend NASCAR-style at Atlanta Motor Speedway, home of this weekend’s Oral-B USA 500 for the Sprint Cup Series and the Great Clips 300 to benefit Feed the Children for the Nationwide Series. The two series visit the 1.54-mile oval Friday through Sunday, Aug. 29-31.
On Thursday, Aug. 28, “Awesome Bill from Dawsonville,” Bill Elliott, will be inducted into “Speed Lane” in downtown Hampton, Georgia at 6 p.m. ET. Following the induction, the Sprint Cup Series Hauler Parade runs through downtown Hampton on the way to Atlanta Motor Speedway beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET.
On Friday, fans get a chance to ask Sprint Cup stars Carl Edwards, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Kyle Larson questions on the frontstretch at 8:15 p.m. ET as part of Wind Creek Casino and Hotel Wetumpka Qualifying Night. After the Q&A session, the USCS Sprint Car will race on the quarter-mile track at Atlanta.
Key on-track times:
Friday, Aug. 29:
- USCS Sprint Car practice – 11 a.m. ET
- Sprint Cup practice – 2:30 p.m. ET
- Nationwide Series practice – 4 and 5:30 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup qualifying – 7:10 p.m. ET
- Wind Creek Casino and Hotel Wetumpka Sprint Car Shootout – 9:15 p.m. ET
Saturday, Aug. 30:
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 3 and 6 p.m. ET
- Nationwide Series qualifying – 4:10 p.m. ET
- Nationwide Series Great Clips 300 to benefit Feed the Children – 7:30 p.m. ET
Sunday, Aug. 31:
- Sprint Cup Series Oral-B USA 500 – 7:30 p.m. ET
Find the complete weekend schedule here.
First-time fans can check this out for tips on enjoying the race.
Find out more about this weekend’s races and purchase tickets at www.atlantamotorspeedway.com.