|credit: NASCAR Media|
One key change to the NASCAR schedules for 2015 was moving the event at Atlanta Motor Speedway from Labor Day weekend to the second race weekend of the season. That means that the Sprint Cup, Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series will be at the track this weekend, Friday through Sunday, Feb. 27-March 1. In a unique twist to the schedule, the Xfinity and Truck Series will both run on Saturday, Feb. 28.
There will be a number of live musical performances throughout the weekend, including a pre-race concert from Grammy-nominated country newcomer Cole Swindell. Click here for a schedule of performances and the complete weekend schedule.
Key on-track times:
Friday, Feb. 27:
- Xfinity Series practice – 10 and 11:30 a.m. ET
- Sprint Cup practice – 1 p.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series practice – 2:30 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup qualifying – 5:25 p.m. ET
Saturday, Feb. 28:
- Xfinity Series qualifying – 9:10 a.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series qualifying – 10:40 a.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series practice – noon ET
- Xfinity Series Hisense 250 – 2 p.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series Hyundai Construction Equipment 200 – 5:30 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 – 1 p.m. ET
First-time fans can check this out for tips on enjoying the race.
Find out more about this weekend’s races and purchase tickets at www.atlantamotorspeedway.com.
Want to know what's going on in Atlanta this weekend? Follow Skirts & Scuffs on Facebook and Twitter for updates!