|credit: NASCAR Media|
The K&N Pro Series East and the Xfinity Series join the Sprint Cup Series at Bristol Motor Speedway this weekend, Thursday through Sunday, April 16-19. The Food City 500 on Sunday, April 19, has been renamed the Food City 500 in Support of Steve Byrnes. Byrnes, a veteran of more than 25 years in the television broadcast booth, is currently on a medical leave of absence from FOX Sports as he battles head-and-neck cancer.
Speedway Children’s Charities has a number of events going on throughout the weekend, including its annual dinner with NASCAR Hall of Famer Ned Jarrett and a cornhole tournament. Find out more about these events and others here.
Key on-track times:
Thursday, April 16 –
- K&N Pro Series East practice – 12:30 and 2:15 p.m. ET
- K&N Pro Series East rookie practice- 1:30 p.m. ET
Friday, April 17 –
- Sprint Cup Series practice – noon ET
- Xfinity Series practice – 1:30 and 3 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series qualifying – 4:45 p.m. ET
Saturday, April 18 –
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 8:30 and 11:30 a.m. ET
- Xfinity Series qualifying – 9:45 a.m. ET
- Xfinity Series Drive to Stop Diabetes 300 – 1:30 p.m. ET
- K&N Pro Series East PittLite 125 – 4:30 p.m. ET
Sunday, April 19 –
- Sprint Cup Series Food City 500 in Support of Steve Byrnes – 1 p.m. ET
The complete schedule for this weekend can be found here.
First-time fan information can be found here, and the track’s rules and regulations can be found here.
Get more information on the schedule, and purchase tickets at www.bristolmotorspeedway.com.