|credit: NASCAR Media|
The 2015 Chase for the Sprint Cup is on! NASCAR’s annual championship playoffs take center stage for the next 10 weeks, kicking off this weekend, Friday through Sunday, Sept. 18-20 at Chicagoland Speedway, home of the myAFibRisk.com 400 on Sunday, Sept. 20. The Camping World Truck Series kicks off the action on Friday, Sept. 18, and the Xfinity Series hits the track on Saturday, Sept. 19.
On Thursday, Sept. 17, NASCAR Chase Fest Chicago takes place in the Windy City from 2 to 9 p.m. CT, featuring the top 16 Sprint Cup Series drivers, a concert from 3 Doors Down, food, giveaways and much more. Get more information about the free festival here.
Also on Thursday, downtown Joliet hosts its annual Race Fan Rally from 4 to 10 p.m. CT. This free event will feature live music, vendors, food and beverages, a classic car show and scheduled apperances (subject to change) from Kevin Harvick, Derrick Cope, Eric McClure and David Starr. Get more information on the Race Fan Rally here.
Key on-track times:
Friday, Sept. 18 –
- Camping World Truck Series practice – 9 a.m. CT
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 11:30 a.m. CT
- Xfinity Series practice – 1 p.m. CT
- Camping World Truck Series qualifying – 3:40 p.m. CT
- Sprint Cup Series qualifying – 5:45 p.m. CT
- Camping World Truck Series American Ethanol e15 225 – 7:30 p.m. CT
Saturday, Sept. 19 –
- Sprint Cup Series practice –12:30 and 3:30 p.m. CT
- Xfinity Series qualifying – 1:45 p.m. CT
- Xfinity Series Furious 7 300 – 5 p.m. CT
Sunday, Sept. 20 –
- Sprint Cup Series myAFibRisk.com 400 – 2 p.m. CT
For a complete schedule of events at the track, click here.
For more race information and to purchase tickets for the myAFibRisk.com 400 weekend at Chicagoland Speedway, visit www.chicagolandspeedway.com.