|credit: NASCAR Media|
The 2016 NASCAR season kicked off last weekend with the Sprint Unlimited on Saturday night and Daytona 500 qualifying on Sunday. This week, Daytona International Speedway continues to host Speedweeks at Daytona, culminating with the Daytona 500 on Sunday, Feb. 21. Over the next week, fans will see the season-opening points races for NASCAR’s Sprint Cup, Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series.
Fans heading to Daytona for Speedweeks will want to check out the Sprint FANZONE for off-track activities, including garage tours, driver and team appearances, live music and the kids’ area. Find out more about the Sprint FANZONE here.
The annual Hot Rods and Reels fishing tournament to benefit the Darrell Gwynn Quality of Life Chapter and the Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis takes place Friday, Feb. 19 at 8 a.m. ET on Lake Lloyd at the Speedway. Find out more about the event here and more about the Darrell Gwynn Quality of Life Chapter here.
Key on-track times for the second weekend of Speedweeks at Daytona:
Wednesday, Feb. 17 –
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 5-5:45 and 6:10-6:55 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series practice – noon to 12:55 p.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series practice – 1:30-2:55 p.m. and 4-4:55 p.m. ET
- Can-Am Duel qualifying races for the Daytona 500 – 7 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series practice – 10:30-11:55 a.m., 1-1:55 and 3-3:55 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series practice – noon-12:55 and 2-2:55 p.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series qualifying – 4:30 p.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series NextEra Energy Resources 250 - 7:30 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series qualifying – 10 a.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 12:15-1:55 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series PowerShares QQQ 300 - 3:30 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series Daytona 500 – 1 p.m. ET
Are you on Twitter? Follow @SkirtsandScuffs for updates on Daytona - schedules, driver news and more!