|Superman celebrates at Auto Club Speedway|
Credit: Getty Images/Jonathan Moore
Jimmie Johnson sure looked like Superman when he flew through the field and won Sunday’s Sprint Cup Series race at Auto Club Speedway in California – the 77th win of his career. The victory puts him in sole possession of seventh-place on the all-time wins list, just ahead of the late Dale Earnhardt. This week in Fast Facts, let's look back at some of Johnson’s milestone wins in his career.
- First win – 2002 NAPA Auto Parts 500 at Auto Club Speedway, April 28, 2002 – Johnson led 62 laps on his way to his first checkered flag, ahead of Kurt Busch.
- 10th win – 2004 Pennsylvania 500 at Pocono Raceway, August 1, 2004 – Johnson led 124 laps and went on to sweep the two races at the “Tricky Triangle.”
- 20th win – 2006 UAW-Daimler Chrysler 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, March 12, 2006 – Johnson led just one lap – the one that counted – in his win over Matt Kenseth.
- 30th win – 2007 Subway 500 at Martinsville Speedway, October 21, 2007 – Johnson led 147 laps and swept both races at “the Paperclip” in 2007.
- 40th win – 2008 Checker O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 presented by Pennzoil at Phoenix International Raceway, November 9, 2008 – Johnson dominated the field, winning the pole and leading 217 of 313 laps as he later won his third Sprint Cup championship.
- 50th win – 2010 Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway, March 21, 2010 – Johnson led 84 laps in his win over Tony Stewart.
- 60th win – 2012 AAA Texas 500 at Texas Motor Speedway, November 4, 2012 – another dominating performance, as Johnson won the pole and led 168 laps in his win over Brad Keselowski.
- 70th win – 2014 AAA Texas 500 at Texas Motor Speedway, November 2, 2014 – Johnson led 191 of 341 laps on his way to another Texas win, his fourth of six so far in his career at TMS.
- 76th win – 2016 Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway, February 28, 2016 – Johnson tied Earnhardt on the wins list after leading 52 laps.
- Learn more about Johnson at his website, www.jimmiejohnson.com.