|credit: NASCAR Media|
The fourth race of the 2016 Sprint Cup Series season and the second race of the “West Coast Swing” finds teams at Phoenix International Raceway in Arizona for this weekend’s Good Sam 500, taking place Sunday, March 13. The race weekend, Friday through Sunday, March 11-13, also features the Xfinity Series.
The Budweiser ROLL-BAR, one of PIR’s fan hospitality areas, is located behind the Bobby Allison Grandstands and hosts driver and NASCAR personality appearances on Saturday and Sunday in addition to live entertainment, a game area, catered meals, drink vouchers and a special silent auction. Currently scheduled to appear at the ROLL-BAR on Sunday (subject to change) are Michael McDowell (8:45 a.m. MT), Denny Hamlin (9 a.m. MT), Kevin Harvick (9:30 a.m. MT), Clint Bowyer (9:50 a.m. MT) and Danica Patrick (10:15 a.m. MT). The ROLL-BAR pass is $99 for Saturday and $149 for Sunday. Find out more here.
There will also be plenty of live music at the track throughout the weekend, including an appearance by Soul Asylum on Sunday morning at 10:30 a.m. MT. Check out the complete schedule here.
Key on-track times:
Friday, March 11 –
- Xfinity Series practice – 9:30 a.m., 1 and 3:30 p.m. MT
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 10:30 a.m. MT
- Sprint Cup Series qualifying – 4:45 p.m. MT
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 8:30 and 11 a.m. MT
- Xfinity Series qualifying – 9:40 a.m. MT
- Xfinity Series Axalta Faster.Tougher.Brighter. 200 – 12:30 p.m. MT
- Sprint Cup Series Good Sam 500– 12:30 p.m. MT
Purchase tickets and get more information about the weekend at www.phoenixraceway.com.
Want to know what's going on in Phoenix this weekend? Follow Skirts & Scuffs on Facebook and Twitter for updates!