|credit: NASCAR Media|
The K&N Pro Series East and the Xfinity Series join the Sprint Cup Series at Bristol Motor Speedway this weekend, Friday through Sunday, April 15-17. The Food City 500 on Sunday, April 17 will highlight the weekend, but a new format for the Xfinity Series race on Saturday, April 16 will also get a lot of attention this weekend.
The Fitzgerald Glider Kits 300 is the first race in this year’s Xfinity Series Dash 4 Cash, and the difference is the heat races. Following qualifying, all odd-numbered qualifiers will be assigned to and race in one heat race, with the even-numbered qualifiers in the second heat race; both races are 50 laps in length. The top two finishers in each heat race will be eligible to win the Dash 4 Cash prize. Only Xfinity Series points-eligible drivers can win the Dash 4 Cash, and any driver that wins two Dash 4 Cash events will also win a spot in the Xfinity Series Chase.
Key on-track times:
Friday, April 15 –
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 11 a.m. ET
- Xfinity Series practice – 12:30 and 3 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series qualifying – 4:15 p.m. ET
- K&N Pro Series East practice – 6 and 7 p.m. ET
- K&N Pro Series East qualifying – 7:30 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 8:30 and 11 a.m. ET
- Xfinity Series qualifying – 9:30 a.m. ET
- Xfinity Series Fitzgerald Glider Kits 300 Heat No. 1 (50 laps) – 12:30 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series Fitzgerald Glider Kits 300 Heat No. 2 (50 laps) – 1:10 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series Fitzgerald Glider Kits 300 feature race (200 laps) – 1:45 p.m. ET
- K&N Pro Series East PittLite 125 – 4:30 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series Food City 500 – 1 p.m. ET
Get more information on the schedule and purchase tickets at www.bristolmotorspeedway.com.