|credit: NASCAR Media|
The first race weekend of the 2016 NASCAR season at Dover International Speedway is the AAA 400 weekend, Thursday through Sunday, May 12-15. All three of NASCAR’s top-tier series – Sprint Cup, Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series – will be in action at “the Monster Mile” in Delaware.
On Friday, May 13, there will be a free Camping World Truck Series autograph session in the FanZone at noon ET – only 150 wristbands will be handed out at 10 a.m. ET at the Delaware Office of Highway Safety Booth in the FanZone.
The Ollie’s Bargain Outlet 200 is the third race in this year’s Xfinity Series Dash 4 Cash, so there will be heat races before the main event on Saturday, May 14. Here is the format: following qualifying, all odd-numbered qualifiers will be assigned to and will race in one heat race, with the even-numbered qualifiers in the second heat race. The top-two finishers in each heat race will be eligible to win the Dash 4 Cash prize. Only Xfinity Series points-eligible drivers can win the Dash 4 Cash, and any driver that wins two Dash 4 Cash events will also win a spot in the Xfinity Series Chase.
Find a complete schedule of fan activities at and away from the track here.
Key on-track times:
Thursday, May 12 –
- Camping World Truck Series practice – 2 and 4 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series practice – 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 11 a.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series qualifying – 2:15 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series qualifying – 3:45 p.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series race – 5:30 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series qualifying – 10:45 a.m. ET
- Xfinity Series Ollie’s Bargain Outlet 200 Heat No. 1 – 2 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series Ollie’s Bargain Outlet 200 Heat No. 2 – 2:50 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series Ollie’s Bargain Outlet 200 Feature Race – 3:30 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series AAA 400 Drive for Autism – 1 p.m. ET
Find out more about the race and purchase tickets at www.doverspeedway.com.