|credit: NASCAR Media|
The Sprint Cup and Xfinity Series visit the “Track Too Tough to Tame,” Darlington Raceway in South Carolina, for Labor Day weekend, Friday through Sunday, Sept. 2-4. The Sprint Cup Series competes in the Bojangles Southern 500 on Sunday, Sept. 4, while the Xfinity Series runs in the VFW Sports Clips Help a Hero 200 on Saturday, Sept. 3.
Festivities kick off on Thursday, Sept. 1 with the annual Darlington Car Hauler Parade and Festival. The Festival begins at 4 p.m. ET at the Florence Civic Center, featuring a KidsZone, live music, entertainment and more. The Hauler Parade leaves the Civic Center at 7 p.m. ET. It makes its way through Darlington Square before ending at the “Track Too Tough to Tame.” Find more information about the parade here.
Key on-track times:
Friday, Sept. 2 –
- Xfinity Series practice – noon and 2:30 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 1:30 and 4:30 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series qualifying – 11:45 a.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series qualifying – 1:45 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series VFW Sports Clips Help a Hero 200 – 3:30 p.m. ET
- Kansas pre-race concert – 4:20 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series Bojangles Southern 500 – 6 p.m. ET
Find out more about the event and purchase tickets at http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/.