|credit: NASCAR Media|
The Xfinity Series has a stand-alone race this weekend, Thursday through Saturday, Aug. 25-27, at Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI. Joining the Xfinity Series for the Road America 180 Fired Up by Johnsonville weekend is the SCCA Pro Trans Am Series.
The annual Hauler Parade to Road America takes place Thursday at 5:30 p.m. CT. The parade departs from Times Printing in Random Lake and ends at Gate 6.
Fans looking for something to do throughout the weekend can check out public karting and zip-lining at Road America. Fans 14 and older (parent/guardian must be present if under 18) can participate in karting at the Road America Motorplex, in the infield over the Johnsonville Bridge, in karts that reach speeds up to 40 mph. Cost is $20 per session or $250 for an unlimited weekend pass; the track will be open all three days from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. CT.
Fans age 6 and over (70-275 lbs., with a parent/guardian if under 18) can fly on the dual racing zip lines at the Landing Tower near Turn 14. Cost is $20 for first ride and $10 for second consecutive ride, or $150 for a weekend package; hours are Thursday from noon-6 p.m. CT and Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. CT.
Key on-track event times:
Thursday, Aug. 25 –
- Trans Am test session – 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. CT
- Xfinity Series practice – 9 and 11 a.m. CT
- Trans Am practice – 10 a.m. and 4:10 p.m. CT
- Trans Am qualifying – 1 p.m. CT
- Xfinity Series qualifying – 4:10 p.m. CT
- Trans Am Race No. 1 – 8:50 a.m. CT
- Trans Am Race No. 2 – 10:20 a.m. CT
- Xfinity Series Road America 180 Fired Up by Johnsonville – 2 p.m. CT