|Ben Kennedy at Texas Motor Speedway,|
credit: Skirts & Scuffs/Debbie Ross
One of the most recent first-time winners in the Camping World Truck Series is Ben Kennedy, who has some strong family ties in NASCAR. Learn more about this Bristol winner in this week’s Fast Facts, originally published in April 2014.
- Benjamin Kennedy was born Dec. 26, 1991 in Daytona Beach, FL. He is the son of International Speedway Corporation CEO Lesa France Kennedy, grandson of the late Bill France Jr. and great-grandson of the late Bill France Sr., the founder of NASCAR.
- Kennedy began his racing career in central Florida, winning championships in Super Late Models at Orlando Speedworld and Pro Trucks at Orlando Speedworld and New Smyrna Speedway. In 2010, he made his NASCAR touring series debut in the K&N Pro Series East, racing in the series full-time from 2011 through 2013. In 41 races, Kennedy earned two wins, 19 top 10 finishes and two poles. He has also competed in seven K&N Pro Series West races, earning four top 10 finishes.
- In 2013, Kennedy made his Camping World Truck Series debut at Bristol, qualifying 19th and finishing one lap down in 20th. He picked up his first top-five finish in October of that year at Martinsville Speedway. In 2014, Kennedy raced full-time with Turner Scott Motorsports, then moved to Red Horse Racing in 2015; he finished ninth in points both seasons.
- After starting the 2016 season with Red Horse, Kennedy and the team part ways, after which Kennedy signed with GMS Racing. In August, he picked up his first career win in the Truck Series at Bristol Motor Speedway.
- Kennedy has made one Xfinity Series start, finishing 10th in his debut at Iowa Speedway in June 2016.
- In 2012, Kennedy won the first ever oval track race in NASCAR Whelen Euro Series history at Tours Speedway outside of Paris, France. He has also made three starts (2011-2013) in the prestigious Snowball Derby Late Model race at Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, FL, earning a best finish of 12th in 2013.
- Kennedy graduated from the University of Florida in 2014 with a degree in Sports Management.
- Learn more about Kennedy at his website, www.benkennedyracing.com.