|credit: NASCAR Media|
The 2016 NASCAR Chases for the Sprint Cup, Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series championships will be decided this weekend during Ford Championship Weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway in Florida, taking place Friday through Sunday, Nov. 18-20.
On Friday, Nov. 18 from 7 to 11:30 a.m. ET, the Hot Rods and Reels Charity Fishing Tournament takes place on the infield lake at HMS. The event, which benefits the Darrell Gwynn Quality of Life Chapter of the Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis, allows fans to spend quality one-on-one time with top NASCAR personalities. Past participants have included Carl Edwards, Tony Stewart, Trevor Bayne, Ryan Newman and Clint Bowyer. Find out more about the tournament here.
Fans will be “Smokin’ at the Track” this weekend with barbecue classes, campground challenges and more. Classes are scheduled for Friday at 2 p.m. ET and Saturday at 8 a.m. and noon ET (registration is required.) Find more information on the complete Championship Weekend schedule.
Key on-track times:
Friday, Nov. 18 –
- Camping World Truck Series practice – 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 12:30 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series practice – 2 and 5 p.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series qualifying – 3:45 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series qualifying – 6:15 p.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series Ford EcoBoost 200 – 8 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series qualifying – 11:15 a.m. ET
- Xfinity Series Ford EcoBoost 300 – 3:45 p.m. ET
- Pre-race concert featuring The Band Perry – 1 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series Ford EcoBoost 400 – 2:30 p.m. ET