Now that that's out of the way let's talk about how you can become part of the team. All you need to do is send an email to Katy (she's our admin) saying you are interested in joining the team. She will get back to you shortly with more information and get you set up. That's right ladies, anyone is welcome here regardless of their writing background.
Still not convinced? Here's a few cool things about our site
- Our site is completely and 100% written by women. We still allow men to read and encourage them to do so but we keep the writing between us girls.
- While we can't pay you for your work at this time we do allow you to retain the rights to your submissions. That means you can remove them from the site if you like at any time (just let us know why) and that you can republish them or duplicate publish them elsewhere if you choose to do so.
- We encourage you to share your photos with our readers. If you've got photos from a race or an appearance feel free to share them.
- We allow our writers to write about whatever they like as long as they stay on topic. If you've got an idea for a column or article go ahead and write about it. Want to do a race recap of your favorite driver that's fine too.
- You can write as much or as little as you like. We don't hold you to deadlines however we do ask that if you are covering an event you post the story within a timely manner.
- We encourage self promotion. All of our writers are featured on the Our Writers tab at the top of the page. In addition writers can include a brief bio with their contact information at the bottom of their post with links to their twitter, email, facebook, etc...
- We encourage writers on this site to promote each other. If you see an article you like please share it with your friends via social networking or bookmarking sites. We will do the same with your article.
- We understand that you are passionate about NASCAR, but you never know who is reading the site. We ask that you keep all cursing to a minimum and avoid using f--- in your posts.
- Try to remain respectful of everyones point of view. As a writer your skills may get criticized because a reader's POV differs from your's don't let that get to you. It happens. Discussion and thought provoking columns are encouraged but don't go over the top.
- All opinion based posts must have the phase "The opinions expressed in this post are those of the individual writer and may not reflect those of the other contributors."
- Make sure that if you post a picture you have the right to publish it. None of us want to be accused of copyright infringement. If you don't know where to find a pic for your post just let Katy know and she will point you in the right direction...or at least try.
Don't consider yourself a writer? We may still have a spot for you on the team. We are continuously looking for individuals to promote our site, seek out advertisers, and maintain our social networking sites. Contact Katy for more info on support staff positions.
Welcome to the team! We are happy to have you here!