|Getty Images for NASCAR : Jared C. Tilton|
- Michael Waltrip’s debut as a team owner/driver came in 1996, when he fielded the No. 12 Ford Thunderbird in the Nationwide Series for 13 races. In 1998, he fielded a second team for Patty Moise in the series; she made 19 starts and had a top finish of 10th at Bristol that year. Over the years, many other drivers had driven for him in the series, including Shawna Robinson, NASCAR Modified star Ted Christopher, Kerry Earnhardt, David Reutimann and Trevor Bayne, among others. In 2012, MWR teamed with RAB Racing to field a car for Travis Pastrana for seven races.
- The original Sprint Cup Series car for MWR was the No. 00, which made its debut at Chicagoland Speedway in 2002; this car is now the No. 55. A second team was added in 2006, when MWR teamed up with Bill Davis Racing to field the original No. 55; it later became the No. 56. The team’s No. 44, which made its debut in the 2007 Daytona 500, became the No. 47 at JTG Daugherty Racing, while the No. 15 debuted in 2010.
- MWR also fielded a Camping World Truck Series team in 2007, with drivers A.J. Allmendinger, Josh Wise and Justin Labonte. The team previously belonged to Waltrip’s brother, Darrell.
- The 2012 MWR lineup includes Clint Bowyer in the No. 15 5-Hour Energy Toyota Camry; Waltrip, Mark Martin and Brian Vickers fielding the No. 55 Aaron’s Toyota; and Martin Truex Jr. in the No. 56 NAPA Auto Parts Toyota. The No. 47 of JTG Daugherty Racing, driven by Bobby Labonte, is part of a technical alliance between the two teams.
- Waltip also fields a team, Pastrana 199 Racing, for Pastrana in the K&N Pro Series East. MWR has two K&N Pro Series East titles with Ryan Truex.
- Find out more about MWR at http://www.michaelwaltripracing.com/.