|Getty Images for NASCAR:|
- Timothy Peters was born August 29, 1980. Like many drivers getting their start today, Peters began racing go-karts at an early age, winning 10 World Karting Association national titles. From there, Peters moved to the Late Model class, becoming Late Model champion at Orange County Speedway in Rougemont, North Carolina in 2002 and 2003, following it up in 2004 as Late Model champ at South Boston Speedway in Virginia, defeating runner-up Denny Hamlin. In 2005, Peters won the prestigious Bailey’s 300 Late Model race at Martinsville Speedway in Virginia.
- Peters made the move to NASCAR’s national series in 2005, competing in 16 of 25 Truck Series races with a top finish of sixth at Dover. He spent the next few years racing part time in both the Truck Series and the Nationwide Series. In his first full-time Truck Series season in 2009, Peters earned his first pole, his first win and finished eighth in points.
- Peters and Red Horse Racing have continued to grow over the past few seasons, improving in points each year, winning races and improving the team’s average finish. In 2012, he has been first or second in points through the first 13 races.
- Peters married the former Sara Haskins on May 19, 2007. The couple is expecting their first child in December.
- Find out more about Timothy Peters and Red Horse Racing at www.redhorseracing.net.