Returning nominees include:
- Richard Childress
- H. Clay Earles
- Fred Lorenzen
- Benny Parsons
- Tim Flock
- Anne B. France
- Bobby Isaac
- Rick Hendrick
- Ray Fox
- Jack Ingram
- Raymond Parks
- Fireball Roberts
- Red Byron
- Jerry Cook
- Les Richter
- T. Wayne Robertson
- Wendell Scott
- Ralph Seagraves
- Curtis Turner
- Joe Weatherly
Making their first appearance the among nominees are:
- Bruton Smith - Chairman CEO of Speedway Motorsports Inc which owns several tracks on the circuit including Charlotte Motor Speedway, Bristol Motor Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway.
- Maurice Petty - Brother of Richard Petty. Engine builder for Richard Petty.
- Dale Jarrett - 1999 Winston Cup Champion, three-time Daytona 500 winner and race commentator.
- Rex White - 1960 Grand National Series Champion
- Larry Phillips - Only driver to win the NASCAR Weekly Series National Championship five times.
Five of these names will be inducted during the ceremony held in January 2014. Voting for induction will be held May 22, 2013.
Past inductees include:
- Class of 2010: Bill France Sr., Bill France Jr., Richard Petty, Junior Johnson, and Dale Earnhardt
- Class of 2011: Bud Moore, Ned Jarrett, Bobby Allison, Lee Petty, David Pearson
- Class of 2012: Darrell Waltrip, Richie Evans, Glen Wood, Cale Yarborough, Dale Inman
- Class of 2013: Herb Thomas, Leonard Wood, Buck Baker, Cotton Owens, Rusty Wallace