|Rhodes celebrates his win at Bowman Gray Stadium|
credit: NASCAR via Getty Images/ Bob Leverone
Ben Rhodes is another of the young drivers who make up this year’s NASCAR Next class. Learn more about this 17-year-old, who is racing part-time in the Camping World Truck Series, in this week’s Fast Facts.
- Ben Rhodes was born Feb. 21, 1997 in Louisville, KY. He began racing karts in 2004 at age 7, winning numerous races and titles on both dirt and asphalt before advancing to Bandoleros in 2008. He moved up to Legends cars in 2010, and began racing Late Models in 2011.
- In April 2012, Rhodes participated in the invitation-only Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown at Richmond, finishing sixth and earning highest-placing rookie honors.
- Early in 2013, Rhodes was named Speed51.com’s Late Model Most Popular Driver. In February, Rhodes participated in the inaugural UNOH Battle at the Beach Late Model race at Daytona International Speedway, finishing second to Kyle Larson. He was again invited to Hamlin’s Short Track Showdown at Richmond, finishing third to winner Kyle Busch and runner-up David Ragan. Rhodes also made his NASCAR K&N Pro Series East debut at Bristol Motor Speedway in March 2013, crossing the finish line ninth.
- In 2014, Rhodes is competing full-time for Turner Scott Motorsports in the K&N Pro Series East and part-time for the team in the Truck Series. Rhodes finished seventh in his Truck Series debut at Martinsville Speedway in March.
- Learn more about Rhodes at his website, benrhodes.com.