|credit: NASCAR Media|
NASCAR’s Camping World Truck Series returns to Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, OH for the second annual 1-800 CarCash MudSummer Classic, taking place Wednesday, July 23. The event is the only dirt track race on any of NASCAR’s three top-tier schedules. The historic half-mile clay oval is owned by three-time Sprint Cup Series champ Tony Stewart.
Among the out-of-series drivers on the entry list for the race: Ken Schrader, who won the pole for last year’s race, Austin and Ty Dillon, Michael Annett and Kyle Larson.
The Tuesday Night Tailgate at Eldora will feature the Sunoco American Late Model Series beginning with hot laps at 6:15 p.m. ET. Following the event there will be a post-race party in the Fan Zone featuring music, food and drinks, games and more.
Off-track events scheduled for Wednesday include a Q&A session with track owner Stewart along with Bryan Clauson and Bobby East at 2:50 p.m. ET at the Chevrolet Performance Display in Fan Zone, as well as a tweet-up with “The Orange Cone” and “NASCARcasm” at 4 p.m. ET at the base of the suites in the Fan Zone.
Key on-track event times:
- Camping World Truck Series practice – 10 and 11:30 a.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series qualifying – 5:10 p.m. ET
- Eldora Dirt Late Models – 6 p.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series heat races – five races, 10 laps each beginning at 7 p.m. ET
- Eldora Dirt Late Models feature – 7:50 p.m. ET (approximate – timed race)
- Camping World Truck Series Last Chance race – 15 laps beginning at 8:15 p.m. ET (approximate)
- Camping World Truck Series 1-800 CarCash MudSummer Classic – three segments (60-50-40 laps) beginning at 9:05 p.m. ET
Find out more about the race and the track, and purchase tickets for the one-day event, at www.eldoraspeedway.com.