|credit: NASCAR Media|
Michigan International Speedway, in the Irish Hills of Brooklyn, Michigan, hosts the Sprint Cup and Camping World Truck Series this weekend, Friday through Sunday, Aug. 15-17. MIS is set to offer fans plenty of action on and off the track this weekend, including a county music concert and an appearance by Olympic Gold Medalists, Meryl Davis and Charlie White.
Country music fans can check out the Budweiser Acceleration Concert on Saturday, Aug. 16 at the conclusion of the Race Careers for Veterans 200 Camping World Truck Series race. Performing at the show will be Keith Anderson and Tim Dugger. The concert is free to anyone with a Saturday admission ticket, an infield wristband or an APEX wristband.
Davis and White, 2014 Olympic Gold Medalists in Ice Dancing, will give the command to start engines on Sunday, Aug. 17 to kick off the Pure Michigan 400. Both athletes were born and raised in Michigan and are students at the University of Michigan. Learn more about them here.
Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs will be kicking off the official qualifying tour for the 2015 Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest on Sunday at 10 a.m. ET. Find out more here.
Key on-track event times:
Friday, August 15 –
- Sprint Cup Series practice – noon ET
- Camping World Truck Series practice – 1:40 and 3 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series qualifying – 4:35 p.m. ET
Saturday, August 16 –
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 8:30 and 11 a.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series qualifying – 9:35 a.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series Race Careers for Veterans 200 – 12:30 p.m. ET
Sunday, August 17 –
- Sprint Cup Series Pure Michigan 400 – 1 p.m. ET
Get tickets and more information about the race weekend at www.mispeedway.com.