|credit: NASCAR Media|
We’re in the midst of “10 days of speed” in the heart of NASCAR country, Charlotte, NC. Charlotte Motor Speedway hosts this weekend’s big races, the Xfinity Series Hisense 300 and the longest race of the Sprint Cup Series season, the Coca Cola 600, on Saturday and Sunday, May 23 and 24, respectively.
If you’re heading down to Charlotte for all of the action, you’ll have a few days and evenings to explore the area. Here are a few things to check out:
- Tours brought to you by Charlotte Motor Speedway
- The NASCAR Hall of Fame
- Race shops
- Kannapolis, NC and The Dale Trail
- Cabarrus CountyConvention and Visitors Bureau
- ConcordMills Mall
Watch the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series on Friday night, May 22 at the neighboring Dirt Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway – find out more about the NOS Energy Circle K Showdown here.
Key on-track times:
Thursday, May 21 –
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 2:30 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series practice – 4 and 5:30 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series qualifying – 7:10 p.m. ET
- Legends All-Star race – 8:15 p.m. ET
Friday, May 22 –
- World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series at The Dirt Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway – opening ceremonies begin at 7:15 p.m. ET
Saturday, May 23 –
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series qualifying – 11:15 a.m. ET
- Xfinity Series Hisense 300 – 3 p.m. ET
Sunday, May 24 –
- ZZ Top pre-race concert – 3:55 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series Coca Cola 600 – 6:26 p.m. ET
Find the complete schedule for the Coca Cola 600 weekend here (click “schedule” tab).
Find out about different ticket packages and single-day tickets at http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/.