|credit: NASCAR Media|
NASCAR’s Sprint Cup and Xfinity Series are joined this weekend by the ARCA Racing Series in Talladega, Alabama, the home of Talladega Superspeedway. The weekend schedule includes the ARCA General Tire 200 on Friday, April 29, the Xfinity Series Sparks Energy 300 on Saturday, April 30 and the Sprint Cup Series GEICO 500 on Sunday, May 1.
Visit the International Motor Sports Hall of Fame and Museum, located adjacent to the speedway, for a glance back at the history of motorsports. Extended hours will be available during race week, so check the website for details.
On Friday, all infield guests and renewal guests with a “Golden Ticket” can check out “The Big One on the Blvd,” billed as NASCAR’s biggest party. There will also be an Xfinity Series autograph session from 2:30-3:15 p.m. CT in the Hospitality Village behind the Birmingham Tower. Wristbands for the autograph session can be picked up at Guest Services, located near OV Hill South grandstands section L.
On Saturday night, country stars Big & Rich featuring Cowboy Troy will hit the stage at approximately 9 p.m. CT, preceded by Eric Lee Beddingfield at approximately 7 p.m. CT. The concert is open to all infield guests and anyone with a Sunday race ticket.
Key on-track times:
Friday, April 29 –
- ARCA Racing Series practice – 8:30 a.m. CT
- Xfinity Series practice – 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. CT
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 1:30 and 3:30 p.m. CT
- ARCA Racing Series General Tire 200 – 5 p.m. CT
- Xfinity Series qualifying – 9:30 a.m. CT
- Sprint Cup Series qualifying – 11:30 a.m. CT
- Xfinity Series Sparks Energy 300 – 2 p.m. CT
- Sprint Cup Series GEICO 500 – noon CT
Get more information and purchase tickets for this weekend’s race at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.