|Marks in victory lane at Mid-Ohio, August 13, 2016|
credit: Getty Images/Jonathan Moore
Justin Marks raced through puddles and downpours to win his first NASCAR Xfinity Series race on Aug. 13 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, adding to an already-impressive resume that includes track owner and team owner. Learn more about Marks in this updated Fast Facts, originally published in March 2015.
- Justin Marks was born March 25, 1981 in St. Louis, MO. He was introduced to auto racing by his grandfather, with whom he watched Midwest drivers like Ken Schrader and the Wallace brothers. His family moved to California when he was 8, and he made his racing debut in a street stock in 1998 at Altamont Raceway Park in California.
- At age 18, Marks competed in the SCCA Regional Racing Series and the Speed World Challenge Series. In 2004, he moved up to the Rolex Sports Car Series and later the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. In 2009, Marks was on the winning GT division team in the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona.
- Marks made the move to stock cars in 2005, making his debut in the ARCA Racing Series. In 2007 he competed in the final four races of the season in the Truck Series for Germain Racing, finishing eighth at Homestead-Miami Speedway. In 2008, he raced in the Truck and Nationwide (now Xfinity) Series, spending time with Germain Racing and Braun Racing. In 2013, he made his Cup Series debut with Tommy Baldwin Racing at Sonoma.
- In 2015, Marks attempted to compete in all three NASCAR races at Daytona International Speedway; he finished 32nd in the Truck Series race and 34th in the Xfinity Series race, but failed to make the field for the Daytona 500.
- For the 2016 season, Marks is racing part-time in the Xfinity Series for Chip Ganassi Racing and in the Camping World Truck Series for Braun Motorsports.
- In 2014, Marks and Cup Series driver Kyle Larson formed Larson Marks Racing, competing in the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series with driver Shane Stewart behind the wheel. In 2015, Marks teamed with Harry Scott Jr. to form HScott Motorsports with Justin Marks for the 2015 K&N Pro Series East season, fielding cars for drivers Scott Heckert, William Byron, JJ Haley, Dalton Sargeant and Rico Abreu.
- Marks and fellow driver Michael McDowell own the GoPro Motorplex karting facility in Mooresville, NC.
- Learn more about Marks at www.justinmarksracing.com and about Larson Marks Racing at larsonmarksracing.com.