|credit: NASCAR Media|
NASCAR’s top three series head to “Thunder Valley” – Bristol Motor Speedway, the quintessential Saturday night short track – for the four-day Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race event. The Whelen Modified Tour also joins the Sprint Cup, Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series in Tennessee.
The Bristol chapter of Speedway Children’s Charities has a number of events going on this week, including a live auction, the Night Race 5K and a cornhole tournament. Find out more about the events here.
Key on-track times:
Wednesday, Aug. 17 –
- Camping World Truck Series practice – 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. ET
- Whelen Modified Tour practice – 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. ET
- Whelen Modified Tour qualifying – 3 p.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series qualifying – 4:45 p.m. ET
- Whelen Modified Tour Bush’s Beans 150– 6:05 p.m. ET
- Camping World Truck Series UNOH 200 – 8:30 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series practice – 1 and 3:30 p.m. ET
- Transporter Parade – 9 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series practice – 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series qualifying – 3:15 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series qualifying – 5:45 p.m. ET
- Xfinity Series Food City 300 – 7:30 p.m. ET
- Pre-race concert with Craig Morgan – 5:45 p.m. ET
- Sprint Cup Series Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race – 7:30 p.m. ET
Get tickets and more information about this week’s races at http://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/.